Sunday, November 28, 2010

Teenage Boys


I was making the boys eggs this morning for breakfast, they were sitting at the table drinking some orange juice and then I hear them fighting over my old cell phone that I had given to Braeden..."No Jackie! Give me the phone!" "No Braeden, I want the phone!"...suddenly...I start realizing....holy crap....these boys are going to be teenagers one day. I immediately start having a panic attack, I don't know why, but the thought of my little boys becoming these big teenagers, fighting over a real phone or who gets to sit shotgun scared and greatly upset me. Soon those tiny finger and tiny feet are going to be big man feet...they wont really "need" mommy anymore, they'll be into girls and playing football...have facial hair?! Oy. I am sure most mothers of boys..especially mother with two or more boys come to this scary realization...just not sure if they actually have a panic attack about it. I've come to realize that you really have to take in everything when they are young, Braeden is already four and he seems like such a big man....even Jackie...I forget that he's two all the time! Children grow up too fast, way too fast.

Coming to this realization I decided that instead of spending all morning cleaning the house, I would have a "picnic" outside with the boys ... in 40 degree weather ... didn't matter to them though, they loved it and I loved just taking them in, how they talk to each other, how they hold their sandwiches, just the littlest things that we take for granted. I think everyone is so caught up in everything these days, most of the time, we don't stop and truly look at our children. Today I did and I am so proud of them, they are great little boys.

To prove my point even further, Braeden has started talking about his "girlfriend" Fatima. Yes. Like I said before, I had given Braeden my old cell phone, that no longer works, as a toy. He brought it into the living room the other day and I jokingly said to him "Who are you going to call, your girlfriend??" of course he laughed and said "yes!" so I asked him who is girlfriend was and he said, very seriously "Fatima!" haha I didn't even know there was a Fatima in his class, but apparently she has long brown hair and green eyes. Oh boy, he's four and is picking out the pretty girls in the class already, I am in trouble! lol I can not picture my boys old enough to have girlfriend, that is such a scary concept, I can't even go there, I 'll have another panic attack.

In other news, I did get them all to take naps today at the same time, I guess the picnic and running around outside wore them out (plus I used "Santa's watching you, you better take a nap!".) I spent this time cleaning and folding laundry, while watching Charlie St. Cloud (don't judge me!) It was a cute movie....I mostly enjoyed it because Zac Efron is extremely handsome. Speaking of enjoying a movie because the lead actor is incredibly good looking....I saw Love & Other Drugs with my friend Mallory last night....holy mother of cheesus. There was so much naked Jake Gyllenhaal. So much. It was glorious. Other than the 5000 nude scenes it was a really good movie and I highly recommend it.

Another thing I highly recommend. Herbal Essences Tousle Me Softly. Awesome. Maybe I am a little late on this, but this stuff is amazing. If you have slightly wavy hair, like myself, all you do is get out of the shower, towel dry your hair and spray this on your hair "scrunch" it up and tada! Nice, not sticky, not stiff, not frizzy wavy hair. Perfect or the busy (or lazy..like myself) mom or anyone really and it is cheeeap. I freaking love this stuff. Before I was a mom, I was super girly, I loved makeup and doing my hair in a million different styles...and then I had kids and I lost all my time and energy and my hair and makeup kind of went to the side. Of course, I still love makeup and doing my hair but it is definitely not an everyday thing. With this stuff, my hair can look nice and not be in a bun everyday!

I also bought new makeup the other day, isn't it the best feeling in the world to buy new makeup...or is that just me? I looove buying new makeup. There are a few staples that I must have in my makeup bag...at all times. I must have some concealer...like most moms, I resemble a raccoon without it. I am not really specific on the kind of concealer I buy, I mostly go on sales...This time around I bought Maybelline Super Stay Makeup, I really like it. Works very well and I don't have to reapply and it doesn't go into the creases under my eyes, big plus. I also need to have CoverGirl's CG Smoothers Tinted Moisturizer, I love this stuff. I am obviously a very pale person, but just a light swipe of this and I have natural, human color skin. Awesome. Lastly, bronzer. I love bronzer, also helps me look human and not like Casper. I love Physician Formula bronzers but they are pretty expensive, so this time around I bought N.Y.C Sun 2 Sun Bronzing Powder, one side is shimmery, other side is bronzer, I approve. For my lips, I love Lip Smackers in Pink Lemonade, yum...I've used this since I was probably 15.  I am not a big fan of lipstick so more than likely that is what I put on my lips.

::Yawn:: That's all for tonight, I am going to go veg on some random TV...since the hubs is playing poker with his friends in our dining room. I'll be back soon, Till then :)



Reactions:

1 comments:

Love the last photo, thats so cute. Sooo tue about appreciating them while they're young. It hit me when I realised in two month Lachie would be going to school and from then on, gone are the days when he is home with me all day everyday. So we're using this summer to really enjoy getting out and about :)

Post a Comment