Saturday, November 27, 2010

Hello Saturday Morning


How cute are they? I did it, I made turkey cupcakes, I was extremely nervous about decorating them. Not going to lie, it was a bit hard, but they came out super cute and the kids loooved them. I made so many that I still have about 10 left over ... begging me to eat them. Evil turkeys.

Thanksgiving morning was really nice, I made the boys pancakes and then we watched the parade in bed with daddy. They would get so excited about the character floats that they knew, they would dance anytime music came on, and when the Buzz Lightyear float came by they started screaming! It was very peaceful and a great way to start the day.

Half way through the parade I decided I should probably get up and start decorating the cupcakes, so everybody moved from the bedroom to the living room. When Santa came on at the end of the parade Braeden went nuts, started screaming "MOMMY IT'S SANTA IT'S SANTA! MOM! MOM! IT'S SANTA!" so cute. Now that they have seen Santa I feel like the treat of me calling santa when they're bad, has become much more real for them. haha Then Jackie and Logan took naps, I cleaned and took a shower and got all pretty for thanksgiving.

When everyone woke up, we headed out to my aunts house, which is always very nice, wonderful dinner and company and the boys gobbled [pun intended] up all their food, even Logan, that little baby loves to eat our food. Logan also seemed to love my cousin Reid, he would come over to him and just lay on his stomach, falling asleep, it was so cute, I've never seen him do that with anyone but myself. The older boys of course loved seeing their Aunt Erin and Uncle Will, they just love them to pieces. My aunt, who is also a professional photographer, took some great pictures of our family of five...I think the first pictures of us all together! I can't wait to see them, she even said she would blow one up for me for our new home! My sister got some great shots too that I love! All together it really was a great thanksgiving. Our little family has so much to be thankful for, our health, our new home, food in our cabinets, heat in our house, so many little things that I think we all take for granted, until you don't have it.

We didn't leave my aunts house till a bit late and I was exhausted, as were the kids, I...being the bird brain that I am... completely forgot about going midnight shopping with my friend... I think the more kids you have, the more brain cells you lose. But I think paying for her popcorn and candy at the movie theater to see Burlesque should make up for it, right Willi? lol

It's a good thing I didn't go midnight shopping though because I woke up and realize the house was trashed, probably the messiest I've ever seen this house. So I spent all day cleaning, sweeping, washing floors and doing laundry...but I am not going to lie, I kind of enjoy cleaning this house. I don't know, I guess I am just so thankful for having this house that I feel "honored" to clean it haha I know that sounds silly, but I am just still so in shock that this great home is ours.

It was a great evening though because Brendan came home very early yesterday, which is very rare with his job. I made some yummy spaghetti [actually shells] and meatballs last night and we all sat down and had our first full family dinner in the new house. It was very nice, despite Braeden protesting against eating spaghetti, Logan and Jackie practically inhaled it. Logan ate four meatballs and a bunch of shells! This kid is a serious eater! By the way, I make the best and easiest meatballs ever.

After a messy dinner it was bath and bed time, Logan took a bath with no bath seat and did great. Brendan and I spent the rest of the night playing Hand and Foot [card game] and watching Gamer, messed up movie, but pretty good.

Today I got to sleep in till 10am and we've all been just hanging out all day....considering ordering some pizza for lunch, really don't feel like cooking right now. Tonight I am going to Love & Other Drugs, can not wait, love to stare and Jake Gyllenhaal and I love Ann Hathaway as an actress...and movie theater popcorn, yes. Num. Well, that pizza...and cleaning is calling my name, I shall try to write more tomorrow and keep this blog up to date. Till then :)

Reactions:

1 comments:

Sounds like a wonderful family weekend. Can't wait to see the photos!

Post a Comment